Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm Feeling Festive!

For the past week or so I have been in a seriously festive mood! I am so full of holiday spirit that it's killing me. It's only November 5th though! I have a long way to go before I can allow myself to do something about my bundled up jolliness. I normally don't allow myself to do anything christmasy until the day before Thanksgiving (to prepare for Black Friday) but yesterday I got a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. Big mistake! Huge! Now I'm so full of the holly-jollies that I could burst!

Peppermint Mocha = AWESOME

I think I'm extra excited because not only am I hosting my very first Christmas dinner but Chris, my boyfriend's son, will be here for 2 weeks too! This will be James's first Christmas with his son! Since he's almost 7 he's old enough to really enjoy Christmas and Santa and all the other amazing holiday things!

I already have a good idea of everything I'll be getting him too. I like to think that I'm a pretty good present giver so hopefully he'll like it. I wish I wasn't on such a tight budget though! He's a great kid and I'm sure he knows Christmas isn't only about the presents. He'll be happy just to spend the time with his dad.

On another (semi-related) note; Where are all the leaked Black Friday ads? I mean, I have my sources and I know what's out already but every other year there have been many more out in early November. I like having everything planned out ahead of time then just verifying on Thanksgiving morning with the print ads. Oh, Toys R Us, if you read this, please for the love of Jesus DON'T open at 10pm on Turkey Day. Rumor has it that's the plan. I think midnight is a fine time. Let families enjoy their time together and give thanks with each other (and let their food digest) before the Super Bowl of shopping begins.

Well I think I'm done with this for now. Time to continue resting and let this strep throat heal. Expect a lot more updates in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment